Saturday, February 26, 2011

Blogging101:Installing Wordpress and Start Blogging!


Before we can get started and I can show you how to make money online, we need to sort the essentials out, that means we have to get you online! Today I will show you how to build your first blog, which is surprisingly easy!
Make sure you take action as you read through my emails or you will find yourself a month down the road and you still haven't started! If you do have any troubles with the eCourse, then hit the reply button and I will be happy to respond to your email.

It is fine to host your blog with free hosts like Blogspot or Wordpress. If you are interesnted in creating a serious site, you should consider finding a Domain Name.

I'm always creating blogs because you can literally set them up in a hour, one of the fundamental things you need to have is a good domain name. For those of you are aren't quite sure what a domain is, it's one of those .Com URL's you type in your web browser to visit websites.
It's super important to choose a good domain, I often see long winded domains like, RobertSmith4CentralOregonHomes.com? For a start It's really long, boring and has so many words you will spend so much time just typing the domain that you will give up. When coming up with a domain name I have a little test I use, basically you have to be able to tell someone on the street your domain and then a hour later when they get home they must be able to remember it. This basically means, make it simple, no .Net .Co.Uk .Info domains, no dash's in between words and try to keep it to a 3 word maximum. 

Here's what I do, I put a twist to my domains to make them more interesting, for example, I could of had YoungEntrepreneurs.com instead of Retireat21.com, but the name Retireat21 is really catchy and something no one forgets, its even a speaking point for a lot of people. It's all about being creative and not trying to get every keyword under the sun in your domain. Another way you can come up with new domain names is by putting the benefit and your keyword in a domain. My friend was creating an outsourcing website and was thinking of domains like OutsourcingDistrict.com but it doesn't stand out to you and say what's its about, I advised him to buy the domain, SaveTimeOutsource.com, it tells the reader straight away the benefit of Outsourcing and why you should use the site.
When buying a domain you want to use a big company so that you know they will look after your domain and give you the support you may need

Hosting your Domain

The most important thing about running an Internet Business is that you have a reliable host, without one, you are wasting your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment