Tuesday, March 1, 2011

4 Podcasts That You Should Be Listening



Should I Produce Podcasts? I only listen to them.

In fact, when I still had my 9 to 5 job I listened to the Internet Business Mastery Podcast every single weekday for a year, sometimes repeating certain episodes 5 or 6 times in a row. I never had any intention of doing business on my own at the time, but it was just something that really intrigued me and I enjoyed it. And of course, for those of you who know my story, I was eventually laid off and it was the year of listening to IBM that gave me the inspiration and drive to do business for myself online.

Now that I work from home and have a baby in the mix, I don’t have quite as much time to listen to podcasts as I did before, however I do try to make time for it and I’m more selective of the particular episodes that I listen to, based on their description.

Below you’ll find a list of some of my favorite podcasts that I’m currently subscribed to. There’s a lot of great content and inspiration in each of their shows.

Internet Business Mastery

Internet Business Mastery Podcast
I’ve already mentioned how often I listened to Sterling and Jay as they became a part of my daily routine. They have a great chemistry on the show and talk about a wide variety of internet business strategies together, based on their own experiences. An awesome 113 shows deep (and counting), they are living proof of the power of building a successful online brand specifically with a podcast.

 

BlogCast FM

BlogCast FM Podcast
BlogCast FM, run by Srinivas Rao and Sid Savara, is one of my most recent additions to my podcast playlist. Each episode is a very informative interview and they do a great job of asking the right questions to get the most out of their guests. What I truly love about the show is that they don’t just interview the big names, but the small names too, which not only gives small timers a chance to gain some exposure, but it allows the listener to learn something new in a totally different perspective.

 

Foolish Adventure

Foolish Adventure Podcast
I was first introduced to Izzy Hyman and Tim Conley’s show about a month ago when they had me on for an interview, and since then I’ve really enjoyed listening to some of their most recent podcast episodes. Each episode is very easy to listen to (they’ve got great podcast voices) and the show isn’t just about online business and marketing strategies, but it refers back to lifestyle and breaking free from “the norm” as well.

Mixergy


Mixergy Podcast

Mixergy is the mother of all interview style business podcasts.
With well over 300 of some of the world’s top entrepreneurs (people like Tim Ferriss, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Tony Hseih), host Andrew Warner investigates and uncovers some truly inspirational stories and unmatched business advice. He knows exactly what questions (and follow-up questions) to ask and I’m always waiting to see who he interviews next. He has an iTunes feed, but I actually like to watch the interviews on the blog instead since they are mostly done with video.
I would love the opportunity to one day speak with Andrew and I’m working hard to get to that point.
As far as favorite episodes, it’s very difficult to choose because there are so many, but here are a few:

These are my top 4 podcasts at the moment, but here are a few other shows that deserve a mention as well:
There’s a lot of great content being produced in the podcasting realm, so if you’re at the gym, on a drive or just taking a walk, why not get the most out of your time and listen to a podcast too?

No comments:

Post a Comment